Tuesday 12 October 2010

Preparing the face

I am pretty happy with how the face looks now, so the next step is to model the back of the head and the neck. I opened up my photoshop file with profile image of me in it. I created more topology lines on the head and down the neck, these will be used as guides in 3ds max.


Before I could go much further I had to clean up the polygons around the edge of my face, creating a simpler ring of vertexs to model the new part of the head too.

Seen below is the basic shape of the head which is a sphere, much of it is not needed, the main polygons which flow of the head and down the back are used. These create a good base to start modelling from.


Just one side of the head is needed at this time, as when I combine this onto the face the symetry modifier will act on this too, mirroring it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment