Sunday 3 October 2010

Moving from 2D to 3D

I started to pull the vertex of the flat polygons out to the profile image of my face. Selecting the vertex I want on the front veiw, and then switching to the left view I move each vertex out individualy to where it it lines up on my face.




When all the vertex where positioned fairly accuratly, I then changed into the perspective view and started to tweek their position. Using the two images as references of my face, and also using a mirror to "eyeball" the modelling into a more and more accurate representation of myself.


Here I used a modifier called Symmetry that will mirror the model from whereever you select it too. I made the centre line of vertexs planar, and then used that line to mirror.


Bellow shows that I have used a turbo smooth modifier, I used this over the NURMS smoothing, as this is a seperate modifier that smooths it a level above symmetry. Which means that I will get less pinching in the middle of my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment