Friday 22 October 2010

Modeling the Hair

To start modelling the hair I selected the top polygons of my head where the hiar will go, and copied this, then detached it from the main head. I applied a "Hair and fur" modifier to it which is a great tool for creating realistic hair. Firstly I trimmed it to lenght and then started to use the brush to move the hair into position, similar to mine. This is a very time consuming process to try to get an accurate representation of my hair, style, colour etc.



Here shows positioning the scalp back onto the head and doing some more adjustment using the hair brush.



Here shows the hair rendered, I spent a long time trying to get an accruate colour of my hair but after adjusting all the settings still I was not that happy with it.




This image bellow shows my head without the hair modifier on it. What i did to create this look of my hair was to edit the polygons and vertex of the scalp, pulling and twisting it were my hair raises and falls creating texture and depth to my hair. I personaly prefer this version, as I think it looks more like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment